Friday, August 12, 2011

GROUP ACCENT REDUCTION CLASS

Printed with permission from Victoria Lavington:
I am a Speech-Language Pathologist who lives and works in Windsor Terrace. Prior to becoming an SLP, I earned a B.A. in theatre and then attended a 2 year graduate program in Shakespearean theatre. During that time and while I was earning my master's in Speech, I worked as an English as a Second Language teacher to adults. I developed an interest in accent reduction and have worked for 10 years with private clients in this field.

Lately, I have learned of a few people who are interested in accent reduction therapy but who can not afford to attend private sessions. I am considering putting together a group accent reduction course but am not sure if there would be enough people to form the class, so I thought I would post here to get an idea of the number of people who might be interested.

The course would run for 10 weeks. The sessions would be one hour long, one evening per week. I would like the group size to be around 8 people. The cost would be $230 for the 10 weeks. Please respond to me at vlavington [at] gmail.com if you would be interested and let me know what day and time would be best for you, should I form the class.

Thank you!
Victoria