Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ATTACK BY A GROPER TODAY

Dozens of women were groped in the streets and subway stations of Kensington, Windsor Terrace, Park Slope, Greenwood Heights, Sunset Park, and Bay Ridge from May 2010 through January 2012. Today, the following post on EveryBlock today by Concerned Citizens of Greenwood Heights indicates that the problem, after either stopping for a few months or occurring but not being reported, has returned:
"I am reporting this through a 3rd party, but I felt is was important to alert the news groups. The person I spoke to, who will remain anonymous for now, gave me the following information:
This morning at 5am 5/23/12, on 16th Street, btwn 4th/5th Aves (south side) there was another attempted sexual assault by a male Hispanic on a young Caucasian female. When the victim screamed and neighbors came out of their homes, the attacker fled.

The victim and several witnesses called 911.

One neighbor chased the attacker to 4th Avenue and held him until the 72nd Pct. arrived.

The police offers [officers] who responded let the attacker go and would not take a report from the witnesses. The officers made little or no attempt to talk to the victim.

So now we have a scared victim (in hiding) and neighbors contacting me to give their report anonymously, as they fear the 72nd Pct.

Fortunately there are two witnesses, one of which saw the attack last spring on 16th St, who will talk to the 72nd Pct. When/if I get that info, I will make it available.

i have asked the witness who called me to call CB7 and file a formal complaint.

We'll take it from there. While I do not have all the facts, I am appalled that the 72nd Pct. would handle the situation in such a manner, but I am not surprised. Which is very sad.

I should be reporting via CB7 with the Pct. reporting to CB7, not the other way around.

More info to the newsgroups when i hear more."