Meeting with Neighborhood Coordination Officers
Saturday, September 17th, 10:30 a.m.
The two Neighborhood Coordination Officers (NCO) who patrol Windsor Terrace (Sector A within the 72nd Precinct) will meet for a second time with Windsor Terrace residents.
The meeting will be held on Saturday, September 17th, at 10:30 a.m., in M.S. 88 (Peter Rouget), at 544 7th Avenue, between 18th and 19th streets.
The NCOs serving Windsor Terrace, Police Officers Daniel McGrath and Wilfredo Montes, are interested in hearing about the concerns of Windsor Terrace residents. Concerns might include
- violent street crime,
- home burglaries,
- packages stolen from front porches,
- street safety (such as advocating for a crossing guard at Caton Avenue and the east side of Ocean Parkway), and
- whatever else is important to you.
The 72nd Precinct was divided into four sectors several months ago, as part of a new policing model ("community policing"). Before that, the precinct had eight sectors. As a result of the reapportionment, additional officers were assigned to the precinct.
An article in Brooklyn Reporter explains the significance of this new way of policing.
The meeting is open to the public; everyone is welcome and is encouraged to attend.
Phone numbers and e-mail addresses for the two officers:
- Danny McGrath: (917) 853-2601, daniel.mcgrath @ nypd.org
- Wilfredo Montes: (917) 912-0960, wilfredo.montes @ nypd.org