Church Avenue Street Fair
Sunday, April 26th, noon to 6:00 p.m.
A fun-filled, action-packed day of rides, games, vendors, and special events will be yours at the annual Church Avenue Street Fair. The event will extend from Coney Island Avenue to Argyle Road.
- Noon to 1:00: Local restaurants Shayna’s, Am-Thai, Hunger Pang, El Acuario, and Anarkali will be offering $1 food samples from noon to 1:00 p.m. outside of their locations; they'll provide outdoor seating all day.
- 1:00 to 2:00: At the Chicken-on-Church food competition, chefs from Am-Thai, Anarkali, Downtown Natural, El Acuario Restaurant, Golden Krust, Hunger Pang, Mallenche, and Shayna's will each prepare a chicken dish and submit it to a panel of judges. At the BID table between E. 10th Street and Stratford Road at 1:15, the judges will taste the dishes and choose a winner.
- All day: Print your own t-shirt with Medina Silk Screening from designs created exclusively for the BID. T-shirts will be provided while supplies last. Or you can bring your own plain white t-shirt. Location:
between Coney Island Avenue and E. 10th Street
- All day: A temporary compost drop-off point will be set up by Q Gardens. The Q Gardens team consists of a handful of local residents who have spent the past two-and-a-half years working with the MTA to reclaim the overgrown lot behind the Church Avenue B/Q train station. Just last month, they began clearing the land for the lot’s transformation into a community garden. They'll be at the fair with a composting bin to collect food scraps and to answer questions about their project. Location: between Coney Island Avenue and E. 10th Street
- All day: FDNY interactive fire safety exhibit. Location: not yet chosen
- All day: NYPD electronics registration. Location: not yet chosen
- 2:00: See a showcase by ALDEN MOVES Dance Theater. Location: E. 10th Street
- 2:30: Zumba with Wendy Ann Powell. Location: E. 10th Street
- 3:00: Acrobatics by Prospect Gymnastics. Location: E. 10th Street
- 3:45: Children's Concert by Children's Corner. Location: the corner of Stratford Road and Church Avenue
For the full line-up of events and for updates, visit the Church Avenue Business Improvement District (BID) at its website, Facebook page, and Twitter account, call (718) 282-2500 x79290, or send an e-mail to katiem @ churchavenue.org