Post-election Bangladeshi Muslim Community GatheringFriday, November 11th, 2:00 p.m.
In the wake of Tuesday's election results, Bangladeshi Muslim residents of Brooklyn will meet in Kensington for a community conversation about how to respond to and prepare for a Trump presidency.
Participants will include, subject to change,
- Brad Lander, New York City Councilmember
- Robert Carroll, New York Sate Assemblymember-elect
- Mamnun Haq, Community Leader, Community Board 12 Member
- Naimul Islam, Youth Community Leader
- Mian Quadry, Community Leader
- Hasiba Haq, Community Leader, Arts and Democracy
- Hanif Yazdi, Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Bangladesh Muslim Center
- Piyali Basak, Senior Attorney, Brooklyn Defender Services, Family Defense Practice
- South Asian Youth Action (SAYA)
- Bangladeshi religious leaders, community leaders, and residents
The gathering will take place at Avenue C Plaza, at the intersection of McDonald Avenue and Avenue C.