The seven projects in City Council District 39 that got the most votes and will be paid for with $1,000,000 of City Councilmember Brad Lander's budget are, in descending order of number of votes:
- Technology at P.S. 230 ($130,000) a school in Kensington
- Bathrooms at P.S. 58 ($110,000)
- Carroll Gardens/Windsor Terrace library computers ($75,000)
a library in Windsor Terrace
- Church Avenue pedestrian safety improvements ($300,000)
an intersection in Kensington
- Technology at P.S. 179 ($115,000)
a school in Kensington
- 3rd Street Green Corridor ($170,000)
- Hicks Street pedestrian safety improvements ($350,000)
Because of the total amount that the top six projects will cost, not enough of the million dollars will remain for the Hicks Street project. For it to come to fruition, it will need additional money from some other source.
Thanks for participating,
Councilmember Lander and
residents of Kensington and Windsor Terrace!