Thursday, July 7, 2022

REGISTER FOR DRAW THE CITY CAMP (AGES 12 AND UP)


From neighborhood artist and teacher Julie Peppito:

Hi neighbors, 

I have a few spots left in my DRAW THE CITY camp July 18 -21 for ages 12 and up. 

We will visit different locations around the city and draw them! 

When we travel on the subway we will do some figure drawing of passengers or play drawing games and eat snacks. 

I have been teaching art from my Kensington studio for the past few years, and I've been a professional artist in NYC for over 30 years. Currently I have a giant birdhouse in the exhibit "For the Birds" at The Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. 

Possible destinations include:

The Whitney Biennial, 

Museum of Art and Design Garmenting: Costume as Contemporary Art exhibit, 

Nick Cave Mosaic Murals at 42nd street subway station (THEY ARE AMAZING),

The Brooklyn Botanic Gardens “For the Birds” exhibit (that I’m in), 

Coney Island, 

Greenwood Cemetery, 

DUMBO to draw under the bridges and Jane's Carousel, 

The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 

The Brooklyn Museum, 

JJ Byrne Playground in Park Slope, and Underhill Playground in Prospect Heights. (I have art in the last two playgrounds.)

And there will be treats!

All supplies and admission to any museums or attractions included.

Capped at 8 participants

Meet up: 
Begin and end the day at Fort Hamilton F Train stop that’s close to Greenwood Playground

For more info and to register:  

https://juliepeppito.com/classes/draw-new-york-city-july-18-21

I also have a portfolio camp the next week, and in the fall / winter - find out about all of my offerings here: https://juliepeppito.com/teaching-1
 
Please share!  Thanks! 
Julie

Julie Peppito (she / her)
Peppito Art Workshop
insta  @juliepeppito
fb  @juliepeppito