Monday, August 14, 2023

STABBING VICTIM LIVES IN KENSINGTON

 
 Update, August 15, 2023: Police have arrested a man for the felony assault on Mr. Ahmed. "David Trotman, 38, a man with prior arrests, was linked to this stabbing after he allegedly assaulted someone on a Chelsea subway." https://abc7ny.com/nyc-stabbing-midtown-crime-subway-panhandler/13651349/
 
---------------------------------
 
Iqbal Ahmed, a seventy-six-year-old resident of Caton Towers (135 Ocean Parkway), was stabbed in the chest in a subway station last night. He needs financial assistance from anyone who is willing and able to help him.
 
He was stabbed on Sunday, August 13th, at about 11:30 p.m., at the Herald Square subway station. The knife was plunged in just inches from his heart and it punctured a lung. Mr. Ahmed is being treated at Bellevue Hospital. 


From Mr. Ahmed's gofundme page at https://www.gofundme.com/f/bd8mh-stabbing-victim.
I am a 76 year old man who lives and works in New York City. I was walking home from work to the 34th street train station which I take every day. 
 
A panhandler asked me for money and I refused as I did not have any. The only thing I remember is walking away and feeling a sharp pain in my torso. There was blood everywhere. He stabbed me in the torso and I bled profusely. 
 
I was rushed to the hospital and admitted due to severe bleeding and blood in my lung. I am now in Bellevue Hospital. 
 
I live alone and have no family to turn to. I am hoping that my fellow New Yorkers can help me in my time of need. This can happen to any New Yorker and the perpetrator is still out there. 
 
I am requesting funds to cover my hospital bills and expenses. Below is the link to the news story of my stabbing. Please help me raise awareness.