Anyone interested in the jobs should e-mail their resume to HungerPangNYC @ gmail.com or bring it to Hunger Pang at 1021 Church Avenue, between E. 10th Street and Stratford Road.
Servers need to meet the following qualifications:
- at least two years of New York restaurant experience as a server and well-versed in FOH operations,
- good personal hygiene and appearance,
- motivated, energetic, friendly, personable, and enthusiastic,
- able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment,
- have a keen sense of urgency,
- open availability,
- able to work nights and weekends for brunch and dinner service,
- have a food handler’s certificate (a plus but not required),
- able to keep calm and collected in high-stress situations,
- able to take direction and execute promptly,
- high standards of service, excellent customer service is essential,
- good physical health (able to go up and down stairs, stack chairs, lift heavy trays, etc.),
- knowledge of POS systems (CLOVER),
- a great team player with a positive attitude,
- able to communicate effectively with other team members to ensure a solid and efficient workflow,
- be punctual and live within the surrounding neighborhoods (an easy commute off the B/Q and F/G subway lines to Church Avenue),
- have basic math skills and be able to handle cash appropriately, and
- familiar knowledge of wine, beer, and sake.
Dedication and hard work will lead to advancement opportunities. The jobs are part-time, with three or four shifts per week.