Occupy Kensington Monthly Meeting
Sunday, February 26th, 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The near-term focus of Occupy Kensington is on protecting Kensington's most vulnerable neighbors--Muslims and immigrants. To that end, the agenda for tomorrow night's Occupy Kensington meeting includes
- planning a public meeting,
- working on the list of sanctuary spaces,
- preparing for the second bystander intervention training, and
- discussing its response to a hate crime that took place in the neighborhood earlier this week.
Also on the agenda are
- updates on Kensington as a Hate Free Zone,
- the Know Your Rights flyer,
- a free health clinic,
- the Immigrant Accompaniment Program of the New Sanctuary Coalition of New York City,
- rapid response, and
- Occupy Kensington's plans for March 8th (International Women's Day).
The meeting will be in the house at 309 E. 5th Street, between Church Avenue and Albemarle Road, in Kensington.
Occupy Kensington is a community-based movement that stands in solidarity with other Occupy, 99%, and liberation movements in New York City , across the country, and around the world.
occupy11218 @ gmail.com