ASSEMBLYMEMBER JIM BRENNAN
INVITES YOU TO JOIN HIM AT
ISSUES AND ANSWERS FOR HOMEOWNERS,
COOPERATORS, RENTERS AND HOME BUYERS
THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2011 - 6:00-8:30 PM
AT DITMAS JR. HIGH SCHOOL
700 CORTELYOU ROAD (ENTRANCE ON EAST 7TH STREET)
THIS EVENT IS FREE. COME FOR VALUABLE INFORMATION!
- For homeowners: weatherization, tax abatement, low- or no-interest loans for home repairs, mortgage check ups, and foreclosure prevention;
- For renters: tenants’ rights, eviction prevention, forming a tenants’ association, complaint enforcement, SCRIE and DRIE programs, and affordable housing options;
- For cooperators: advice about building management, shareholder-board relations, and tax abatement programs;
- For home buyers: information regarding credit health, down payment grants and first-time homebuyer programs and assistance; and
- For everyone: burglary/fire prevention, graffiti removal, bed bug tips & energy efficiency.
For any questions, call Shawn Campbell in Assemblymember Jim Brennan’s office at 718-940-0641.
Co-sponsors: Assemblywoman Rhoda Jacobs, NYC Councilmembers Mathieu Eugene & Brad Lander, Community Boards 6, 7, 12 and 14, Brooklyn Housing & Family Services, CAMBA, Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums, Erasmus Neighborhood Federation, Fifth Avenue Committee, Flatbush Development Corp., Housing Court Answers, Midwood Development Corp., Neighborhood Housing Services of East Flatbush, Neighbors Helping Neighbors, Ocean Parkway Community Development Corp., Self Help Kensington, South Brooklyn Legal Services and Sustainable Flatbush. Additional Participants: NYC Department of Finance, Department of Buildings, Housing Preservation and Development, NYPD, FDNY, NYS Division of Housing and Community Renewal, Con Ed & National Grid.