Compost for Brooklyn (C4B) is a community composting project and native plant garden in Kensington. They are dedicated to promoting ecological restoration, composting, and education.
C4B's open hours during fall 2016, depending on the weather and on volunteer availability, are
- Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- October 8, October 22, November 5, November 19, December 3, December 17 (not open on January 1)
- Sundays, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- October 2, October 16, October 30, November 13, November 27, December 11 (not open on December 24)
- Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- October 13, October 27, November 10 (not open on November 24), December 8, December 22
The site can accept residential food scraps, such as potato peels, apple cores, coffee grinds, and tea leaves. It can't accept dairy, meat, bones, woody material, lawn clippings, coconut shells, or “compostable” dinnerware.
Sign up for C4B's mailing list to receive updates about any schedule changes or cancellations.
Compost for Brooklyn
Newkirk Avenue at E. 8th Street
compostforbrooklyn @ gmail.com