A new coworking space has come to Kensington's Church Avenue, at the corner of E. 5th Street. It's a workspace created for people who don't work out of an office.
The space, called "Cowork on Church," offers these amenities:
- printer and copier
- coffee and tea
- cold, filtered water
- open lounge space next to the kitchenette
- private offices available as needed (available soon)
Its hours of operation are Mondays through Thursdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Fridays, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. On Saturdays and Sundays, it's closed.
- Full-time membership costs $300 per month per member.
- It includes all of the more-than-twenty weekdays that are in every month, on Mondays through Thursdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on Fridays, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Half-time membership costs $200 per month per member.
- It includes ten weekdays per month, which works out to two or three days per week. The choice of times is Mondays through Thursdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on Fridays, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Daily Drop-in costs $25 per day per member.
- It includes just one weekday use of a work station.
For more information, check Cowork on Church's website at https://fjcbrooklyn.wordpress.com/renting-space/cowork-on-church.
If you'd like to visit the space, stop by Flatbush Jewish Center during the space's open hours. If you'd rather make an appointment instead, call the Center's office at (718) 871-5200 or send an e-mail to office @ flatbushjewishcenter.org.
The location of the coworking space is the 2nd floor of Flatbush Jewish Center (pictured above), 327 East 5th Street, corner of Church Avenue. The entrance is on E. 5th Street, and it's wheelchair-accessible, as is the elevator to the 2nd floor.