Friday, March 21, 2014

THE ART OF KRISTEN DOMENICO AT STEEPLECHASE


Opening Night Reception:
Photographs by Kristen Domenico
Friday, March 28th, 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. 
I am a photographer, although I don't like that word. I'd like to call myself a visual artist with no particular box to be stuffed into. I take the photos for fun, and I enjoy the process sometimes a lot more than the actual outcome.
I like to roam around New York City late at night and take slow shutter speed photographs of lights and anything that gets my attention. There is really no formula to it. People have joked that it's my personality on a piece of paper....fast, furious, impatient, but yet somehow composed, bright, and fun.
The photos I will be showing on March 28th are 20 examples of that. I've titled the show "eksit pictures" because, as we know, "exit" means to leave a place. A departure of a stage. Spelled slightly differently, the visuals I create are somewhere along the lines of leaving the stage and looking at things a little bit differently.
I hope people have fun looking at the show; I definitely enjoyed making each and every image that will be displayed!
                                                       Kristen Domenico

See some of Kristen's work online: eksitpictures.blogspot.com 
http://kdomenico.carbonmade.com

e-mail: kristen.leigh.d @ gmail.com

Steeplechase Coffee
3013 Fort Hamilton Parkway
between E. 2nd and E. 3rd streets
Windsor Terrace (one block from Kensington)

phone: (347) 799-2640
http://www.steeplechasecoffee.com 
contact online: http://www.steeplechasecoffee.com/?page_id=55



SUPPORT LOCAL, INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES.