|suspected of forcibly touching young girls|
|suspect in assault on detective|
A man groped four girls--aged twelve or younger--in Park Slope in the past week or so. The locations of the crimes were 5th Avenue between 4th Street and 11th Street and on 4th Street. No reports have been heard of gropings in other neighborhoods.
An undercover Special Victim’s Detective recognized him on 5th Avenue at about 3:30 p.m. on Monday, November 18th. She tried to arrest him, but he struggled, broke free, and fled.
The suspect is a male, white, between the ages of 25 and 35 (or possibly in his 40s), between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall, with a slim build.
The police want anyone with information about these gropings to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-8477. Or submit a tip online at NYPDCrimeStoppers.com. All communications are kept confidential.
Additional details are on these web pages:
- "Police: Groper Targeting Young Girls In Park Slope. Victims In Incidents Were All 12 Or Younger"
- "Suspect Wanted Assault On Police Officer Asking About Gropings. Incident Took Place In Park Slope On Monday Afternoon"
- "Park Slope Groper Still On The Loose After Fighting Off Detective"
- "Man wanted for groping 11-year-old girl"
- "Girl Groped on Park Slope Street, Suspect Sought: NYPD"
- "Sex assaults suspect on the loose"