Planning Meeting for a Week of Action in Support of Golden Farm Employees
Thursday, April 12th, 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Several Golden Farm employees, the New York Communities for Change staff, and all interested community members will meet tomorrow night to discuss how the community can get more involved in supporting the employees and making the week of action unique, interesting, and big.
The meeting will be at P.S. 179, 202 Avenue C, between E. 2nd and E. 3rd streets.
Week of Action
- Sunday, April 22nd, 2:00 p.m.: Kick-Off Rally/Press Conference outside of Golden Farm.
- Monday, April 23rd, 5:00 p.m.: Rally and Film Screening of "The Take." The rally will be at 5:00 p.m. outside of Golden Farm, and the screening will be at 7:00 p.m. The location isn't known yet but will probably be P.S. 179.
- Tuesday, April 24th: Teach-In at the E. 4th Street Community Garden and March to Golden Farm. The teach-in will feature three labor experts: Dr. Ruth Milkman of the CUNY Grad Center, Dr. Immanuel Ness of Brooklyn College, and Ms. Tsedeye Gebreselassie of the National Employment Law Project.
- Wednesday, April 25th, 6:30 p.m.: Rally outside Golden Farm's owner Sonny Kim's house. Meet outside of Golden Farm and walk to his house as a group.
- Thursday, April 26th, 7:00 p.m.: Community Potluck and Sign-making Party in the cafeteria of P.S. 230.
- Friday, April 27th, 7:00 p.m.: Interfaith Rally/Vigil outside of Golden Farm.
- Saturday, April 28th, 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, April 29th, 1:00 p.m.: 24-hour Boycott and Community Picket, with a presence outside Golden Farm for all 24 hours. People are needed to sign up for one-hour (or longer) time slots for boycotting to ensure at least a minimal presence at all times. A block party on E. 4th Street between Church Avenue and Albemarle Road might take place.