Tonight, 7:00 p.m.: Candlelight Vigil for Workers’ Struggles. A different take on the classic picket line chanting. Take a step back to reflect on the workers who have fought before this generation. Outside Golden Farm with several pastors, community members, and workers. Share your stories about the workers and peoples movements that have inspired you to keep up the fight.
Saturday, midnight to midnight: Picket and Boycott. Picket outside of the store. Community members are encouraged to take two-hour shifts during the day. Click here to sign up for a shift of picketing.
Schedule of the day’s activities:
midnight (Friday into Saturday): The picket and boycott begins. Open mic, hosted by poet Cecelia Adams, until 1:00 a.m.
- 7:45 a.m.: Golden Farm workers speak.
- 1:00 p.m.: Press Conference. Speakers will include Golden Farm workers, Kensington community leaders and elected officials, local pastors, professors of labor studies and wage theft, and union representatives.
- 2:00 p.m.: The Rude Mechanical Orchestra will play.
- 5:30 p.m.: Make the Road will join the picket.
- 7:00 p.m.: Contingents of workers from other stores who have won will arrive.
- 8:00 p.m.: Golden Farm workers speak.
- 11:45 p.m.: Closing Ceremony.
If you have any questions, call (718) 971-0036 or send an e-mail to
dtucker @ nycommunities.org.