Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MEET CATHERINE ZINNEL, COUNCILMEMBER BRAD LANDER'S DISTRICT DIRECTOR


Meet Catherine Zinnel, Councilmember Brad Lander's new District Director. Catherine's job is to help Brad's constituents resolve problems, and she brings a lot of enthusiasm to the job.

We asked Catherine to tell us a bit about her work with the councilmember and her background.
It is my pleasure to introduce myself as Councilmember Brad Lander’s new District Director. I am your contact for constituent concerns and community issues across the 39th District and the point person for many of Councilmember Lander’s neighborhood initiatives. I look forward to meeting our constituents in Kensington and hearing from you which resources are needed so we can work together to address issues in the community. I am excited to work with Councilmember Lander and our neighbors to keep our communities safe, inclusive, and sustainable.
Prior to joining Councilmember Lander’s team, I served as a New York City Urban Fellow at the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA), where I coordinated the development of new public and affordable housing. I earned my Bachelor’s degree from Hunter College at CUNY, and I had the opportunity to study city planning in South Africa, India, and Brazil. A Levittown native, I now live in Carroll Gardens. You can reach me in Councilmember Lander’s District Office at 456 Fifth Avenue in Park Slope, or call me at (718) 499-1090. I look forward to meeting you!

Catherine