Monday, January 3, 2011

"ONE OF THE BETTER FOOD SHOPPING STRETCHES IN BROOKLYN"

Posted on Chowhound:
Q. My family and I are about to move to Kensington (or there about). Where's the best place to shop for someone who likes to cook?
Thanks in advance for your help!

A. hmm, i live in carroll gardens and sometimes go down to church ave in kensington to do my shopping. it depends on what you're looking for. I love the halal butchers on church (better cheaper lamb than around me) and the eastern european stores (great prepared foods and frozen dumplings and rye bread) there's also a mexican grocery and pretty substantial fruit and veg store. this is all on the stretch of church btw ocean parkway and mcdonald--not sure where you're going to be, but IMHO, that stretch of church is one of the better food shopping stretches in brooklyn—more than anything for the way you can almost literally shop the world. There are tons of bangladeshi groceries as well, but they are less useful to me as they generally don't carry the indian goods i'm looking for.
To comment on this post, click on the post's title. Underneath the post, click on "Post a Comment."