Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MEXICAN FOOD CART REVIEWED

Posted on a Chowhound discussion board:
New Taco Stand in Kensington!

Right in front of Walgreens (RIP Silver Rod) on Church at McDonald. Run by a very friendly, English speaking couple. They say they're open Tuesday - Sunday, 2 - 9pm.

I had a chorizo taco, and a cecina taco, $2 each. Both not the best I ever had but generally moist, and just really good. I overheard after the fact that they have lengua, though it's not listed as a choice. They do not have cabeza. But I can't be blamed for asking! Tortillas were nicely grilled, plenty of onion and cilantro, with lime and cucumber on the side. Tasty red and green salsa on hand.

Brought home three good tamales too ($1.25 each), rojo pollo, mole pollo and dulce for desert! Shared with my wife. We both thought they were way tastier and more moist than some of those coming out of local stores.

I look forward to tearing through the surprisingly extensive menu including tortas, huaraches and tostadas. It's certainly a great addition to the neighborhood. If you find yourself anywhere near here I implore you to give it a try. I believe they deserve to be around for a while!